Your initial comprehensive exam and subsequent follow-up exams include the following:
- Digital X-rays to detect the hidden conditions such as decay or cavities, fracture, infections and other more serious conditions.
- Examine the surrounding structures including gums, soft tissue, TMJ and the jaw bones.
- Screening for oral cancer and chronic white patches which may result from sharp teeth, ill fitting dentures besides number of other causes.
- TMJ disorder analysis for grinding and wearing of teeth, clicking joints and painful joing movements
- Evaluate for orthodontic needs in children and adults for irregular teeth.