Your initial comprehensive exam and subsequent follow-up exams include the following:
- Digital X-rays to detect the hidden conditions such as decay or cavities, fracture, infections and other more serious conditions.
- Examine the surrounding structures including gums, soft tissue, and bone. We
- Screening for oral cancer and chronic white patches.
- TMJ disorder analysis
- valuate for orthodontic needs in children and adults.
After evaluating your Gingival health, Dental cleaning procedures will be performed accordingly. Periodic hygiene maintenance appointments will be encouraged to make sure good gingival and oral health is maintained. Periodic hygiene maintenance includes a cleaning.
Dental Cleanings involve the use of professional grade equipment to fully clean the teeth’s surface and below the gum line for cleaner teeth and healthier gums. We will evaluate you oral hygiene provide home maintenance education to prevent the possibility of gum diseases.
Senior Oral Care
The population above 65 years of age has different oral health care needs. About 75 percent of people ages 65 and older have multiple missing teeth. We will evaluate the past and present health conditions, and form a treatment plan that has their overall health and future dental needs in mind. Whether it is with dental Implants or removable dentures.
Pediatric Oral Care
The first dentist visit for children is extremely important. Bringing your child to the dentist early leads to a lifetime of good oral care habits and familiarizes your child to the dental office, reducing anxiety and fear
Children will receive oral hygiene maintenance and diagnosis treatment needs. Following the cleaning, we may recommend the application of sealants and/or fluoride varnish to prevent the decay process. They will be provided with oral hygiene evaluation and home maintenance education to prevent the possibility of cavities and gum diseases. Children will also be evaluated for the need for orthodontic treatment.
Cosmetic Treatment and Smile Makeover
There are many options to improve and reveal a bright and beautiful smile. If you are interested, we will evaluate your smile and give you the best options which may include Veneers, Crowns, Tooth colored restorations, or simply teeth whitening. We work with some of the best Dental Laboratories to deliver the most natural looking outcomes for our patients.
Restorative dentistry includes the use of Composite (tooth-colored) Fillings, Bridges, Crowns, Inlays, Onlays. All of these procedures are applied to restore function of the teeth after removal of decay, fracture and after root canal treatment.
- Composite fillings. Tooth-colored plastic and glass composite material is used to fill the tooth once decay is removed. Composite fillings can also be used to reshape disfigured teeth and improve the smile.
- Crowns. This type of dental resoration provides support when the strength has been compromised. For example, following removal of excessive decay, following root canal therapy or even to restore the esthetics of teeth. Crowns are also placed over dental implants.
Replacement of Missing Dentition
- Bridges. This treatment for the replacement of missing teeth bridges a gap after teeth are lost. In order for a bridge to be placed we will prepare the teeth on either side of a gap to use as anchor teeth for the bridge. The bridge is then bonded on to these abutment teeth. Other options to replace a missing tooth are discussed below, including implants, removable partial/full dentures.
- Implants. The best way to replace missing teeth is with Implants. Placement of Titanium implants immediately after extraction or later and restoration on the Implants to replace missing teeth, Socket augmentation or bone grafting procedure. The implant is placed in the jaw and is allowed to integrate with the jaw. It is then restored with a crown. Implant can also be placed to support dentures making the denture very stable, especially for the lower jaw. Patients who receive implants feel as though they have their own tooth back.
Advantages of Implants over Fixed Bridges
Adjacent teeth are not sacrificed by cutting procedures.
Ease of maintaining hygiene.
Predicable and long lasting.
- Partial dentures. These are removable appliances used to replace a few teeth that are missing in your dentition. Partial dentures can be made so no metal will show and can be flexible.
- Complete Dentures. Full or complete dentures are fabricated with quality life like teeth to replace existing old denture or as an immediate denture soon after the extraction of remaining teeth.
Gum disease or periodontal disease, can take on several forms, which can get progressively wore and lead to pain, tooth loss and other diseases. Treatment of gum disease may include periodontal scaling and root planning (Deep Cleaning), pocket reduction surgery, gum grafting procedures.
Root canal treatment addresses decay withing the tooth’s pulp where the nerve and blood supply reside. . In order to save the tooth, the decay is removed; pulp chamber is cleaned and filled with guttapercha. Root canal therapy if followed by restoring the tooth with a fixed crown.
Evaluation of TMJ conditions and treatment associated with TMJ by splints, bite correction, night guards and medications.
Oral Surgery involves removal of severally decayed teeth and wisdom teeth. They can be simple to complicated,Such as in cases with wisdom teeth impaction.
Placement of a bone graft after extraction is important to preserve bone strength and level for future implant placement. Biopsy of any suspicious lesions found during oral cancer screening will also be performed.
Nitrous Oxide can be used in conjunction with oxygen for patients with high amounts of dental phobia. This allows patients to relax so needed dental procedures can be performed.